A recent Pennsylvania case highlights the need to keep household products and infant care products in separate places. A Pennsylvania personal injury attorney says “a 7-month-old girl was burned by drain cleaner that soaked her diaper while she was at a Pittsburgh-area day care.” (J. Mandak, AP Pittsburgh, 1/4).

Workers at the day care believe that the drain cleaner accidentally spilled on the diaper. Staff members did not notice the spill before putting the diaper on the child. Sadly, the diaper burned the child’s skin severely within two hours, and she now needs skin grafts.

As a Chicago personal injury lawyer, I would like to remind all parents and anyone handling young children to keep children’s products away from dangerous household chemicals.