Chicago Defective Cars and Car Parts Attorneys
Aggressively Pursuing Justice for Clients injured in Accidents Resulting from Car Defects
Defectively designed cars, trucks, buses, and other vehicles injure and kill people at an alarming rate. Likewise, the parts on these vehicles; such as tires, windshields, gas tanks, bumpers, seats, etc., often designed or manufactured by other companies, can also be the subject of product liability lawsuits. If you or someone close to you has been injured in an accident caused by a defectively designed vehicle or part, you should speak with an experienced Chicago defective cars and car parts lawyer that understands the complexities of these cases and has a strong track record of recovering damages for injured clients.
The lawyers at Hurley McKenna & Mertz, P.C. handle many types of product liability cases involving motor vehicles and their various parts. These include:
- SUV Rollover Accidents: The high ground clearance of many SUVs and pickup trucks make them highly susceptible to deadly accidents such as rollovers.
- Tire Failure and Tread Defects: Defective tires are the cause of far too many tire blowouts on the road today.
- Unexpected Acceleration: In recent years, some of the major auto manufacturers have had to recall vehicle models because of problems with sudden or unexpected acceleration leading to crashes.
- Gas Tank Defects: When there is a defect in the area of the car where the gas is stored, explosions are often the result.
- Improper Circuitry and Wiring: Wiring problems are another common cause of car fires and explosions.
- Improper Roof Design: A defect in the roof design sometimes results in crush injuries or ejection of passengers.
- Defective Seat Belts: Poorly or cheaply made seat belts sometimes become unlatched or do not retract, causing the driver and passengers to be thrown around inside the vehicle.
- Defective Seat Backs: Seat backs that break or collapse during a collision can lead to severe injuries.
- Defective Air Bags: Air bags that fail to deploy during a collision can also lead to serious injury. On the other end of the spectrum, airbags that deploy randomly or too aggressively can catch the driver off guard and cause them to lose control of the vehicle.
- Defective Head Restraint Devices: Defective or cheaply designed headrests are a leading contributor to whiplash and other head and neck injuries during collisions.
- Unsafe Infant Car Seats: Tragic consequences often occur when children are riding in a defective or poorly designed car seat that comes unbuckled on its own or does not have adequate padding to provide a safe ride for the child.
Going up against the automobile and car part manufacturers alone can be difficult. These are large corporations with armies of attorneys whose job is to make sure they pay out as little as possible in damages to victims injured as a result of their negligence. At HM&M, we have over 20 years of experience representing clients in product liability cases against the big auto and car parts companies. We understand the tricks the other side plays to minimize their liability, and our legal team fights hard to secure full compensation for our clients’ injuries. If you have been injured or someone close to you has been injured or killed by a car with a defective design or an auto part defect, it is important to seek justice and hold the responsible party accountable. Contact an aggressive Chicago defective cars and car parts attorney at HM&M today for your free no obligation consultation.
For a free consultation, contact Hurley McKenna & Mertz, P.C. today at 312-553-4900 or fill out our online form to have a lawyer contact you.