Skip To Content
Free consultation Text or call 312.553.4900

Chicago Man Gets His Hand Stuck in Meat Grinder

November 11, 2012  ·  By HM&M


Last week, an employee of a Chicago-area supermarket got his hand caught in a meat grinder while processing meat. Firefighters were called to the supermarket and attempted to take apart the meat grinder in order to free the man's hand but were unsuccessful. The man was then transported to a local hospital with his hand still inside the grinder.

At the hospital, the medical staff and the firefighters were able to work together to successfully remove the man's hand and control his bleeding. Unfortunately, the man is going to lose all his fingers and may also lose his hand, according to the Orland Fire Chief.

Devastating machinery accidents like this are very rarely caused by human error alone. In some cases, the machine at issue has a defective part or has not been properly maintained. In other cases, the machine's safety mechanism was removed or altered in a way that renders it ineffective. Machinery accidents often result in gruesome, disfiguring, and painful injuries.

As a personal injury attorney, I have represented individuals who have been injured by defective and unsafe machinery. It is important to aggressively pursue manufacturers of faulty equipment that injures innocent people who are just trying to do their jobs.

November 11, 2012

Second Fatal Bicyclist Accident in Chicago

CHICAGO TRIBUNE Illinois man says memories resurfaced when he found former Scout leader in the records December 05, 2012|By Steve Schmadeke, Chicago Tribune reporter An Illinois man who more than 27 years ago was identified as a victim of a notorious Burbank pedophile filed suit Tuesday against the ex-Scout leader as well as the Boy... Read More

November 11, 2012

Toyota Recalls Prius and Corolla Models

Last week, a four year old boy tragically drowned at the Glenview Park District pool. On the day of the accident, the boy was visiting the pool with a day care center summer camp. According to reports, the boy entered the water without being noticed by lifeguards or chaperones. He eventually ended up in the... Read More

We don't support Internet Explorer

Please use Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge to view this site.