As a Chicago personal injury attorney, I strongly encourage all parents to act quickly and remove hazardous toys from their housholds as “more than 1.2 million Chuck E. Cheese light-up rings and toy eyeglasses are being recalled over concerns that children might swallow the small battery inside the toys.” (Washington AP, 9/15).
The Consumer Product Safety Commission stated the hazard exists when the plastic on the toys breaks, which can ultimately exposing the “button-type batteries” inside. Ingestion of these batteries could potentially cause stomach, esophagus or intentional problems.
The commission did not link the toys to any reported injuries, but the CPSC says, “two children were able to get to the battery in the light-up rings. One child swallowed it; the other child put the battery up his nose.”